You are here
R User Group Sponsorship Program
Revolution Analytics is proud to support local communities of R users by sponsoring qualified R user groups. To help foster the creation of new groups and the growth of existing groups, we offer the following sponsorship program. Each group's leadership team will receive an annual cash grant to help with group administration, meeting venue costs, and refreshments, plus a box of R-related promotional materials from Revolution Analytics to give away to group members.
Benefits of Sponsorship
By signing up for an R User Group sponsorship from Revolution Analytics, your group will receive:
- Annual cash grant to promote and support the group.
- A yearly shipment of R-related goodies to give to your members or use as door prizes, etc.
- Promotion of groups and meetings by Revolution Analytics, to help get the word out to other R users in your area.
- Discounts on Revolution R Enterprise workstation licenses for group members.
In return, we ask that you credit Revolution Analytics as a sponsor on your group website and at meetings, and via occasional emails to your members.
2014 Sponsorship Levels
The size of the annual grant depends on the size of your group.
|Level||For groups that are:||Requirements||Annual Grant ($USD)|
|Vector||Just getting started||A group name, group webpage, and a focus on R. (Here are some tips on starting up a new R user group.)||$100|
|Matrix||Smaller but established||3 meetings in last 6 months with 30 attendees or more.||$500|
|Array||Larger and groups||3 meetings in last 6 months with 60 attendees or more.||$1000|
The group leadership may use these funds in any way fit to support the growth of their group. At the "Vector" level, you could use the grant for a subscription at meetup.com to create your group website. You could also use the funds to provide refreshments at meetings, provide travel for speakers, or for social events for your members. It's up to you. Of course, you can always take donations from members or other sponsors as well.
Ready to Start?
To apply for the 2014 Revolution Analytics R User Group Sponsorship Program, your group leader must complete the online application form.
Deadlines for applications are:
- March 31, 2014 for Matrix and Array level groups.
- September 30, 2014 for Vector level groups.
Need more info?
- Looking for a local R user group? Find one in your area at the Local R User Group Directory.
- No R user group in your area? Here are some tips on starting up a local R user group.
- Does your user group have a Twitter account to connect with R users in your area? Follow us @RevolutionR and @Inside_R
If you have any questions about the R User Group Sponsorship program, please contact us at email@example.com .