Using Revolution R Enterprise With Hadoop for 'Big Analytics'
|Download the Quick Start Program for Hadoop Datasheet|
For more info contact us at email@example.com or call
The 'Big Data' explosion of the last few years has led to new infrastructure investments around storage and data architectures. Hadoop has rapidly become a leading option for storing and performing operations on big data. Meanwhile, R has emerged as the tool of choice for data scientists modeling and running advanced analytics. Revolution Analytics brings R to Hadoop, giving companies a way to get better returns on their big data investments and extract unique, competitive insights from advanced analytics with the most cost-effective solution on the market. Read the white paper "Advanced 'Big Data' Analytics with R and Hadoop" PDF
Revolution Analytics has developed “ConnectR for Hadoop,” a collection of capabilities that bring the power of advanced R analytics to Hadoop distributions including from our partners Cloudera, HortonWorks, IBM BigInsights and Intel. ConnectR for Hadoop provides the ability to manipulate Hadoop data stores directly from HDFS and HBASE—and give R programmers the ability to write MapReduce jobs in R using Hadoop Streaming.
With RevoConnectR for Hadoop and Revolution R Enterprise 6, R users can:
- Interface directly with the HDFS filesystem from R.
- Import big-data tables into R from Hadoop filestores via HBASE.
- Create big-data analytics by writing map-reduce tasks directly in the R language
ConnectR for Hadoop is Included with Revolution R Enterprise 6 Server for Linux. ConnectR for Hadoop is based on the Revolution Analytics sponsored open-source project RHadoop. Open-source libraries are available for download from the RHadoop Project download page.
Learn More about Revolution R Enterprise and Hadoop:
- Watch the on-demand webinar: Using R with Hadoop
- Read the white paper: Advanced 'Big Data' Analytics with R and Hadoop
- Read in-depth tutorials on RevoConnectR for Hadoop at the RHadoop Wiki
- More Big Data capabilities of Revolution R Enterprise.
- Read the UpStream case study: UpStream Software’s Big Data Analytics Platform for Marketing Optimization Helps Clients Understand Buying Behavior and Improve Customer Targeting