You are here
Revolution Analytics Releases Annual Results, Says R is Ready for Business(tm) in 2011
Revolution Analytics, the leading commercial provider of software and support for the popular open source R statistics language, today announced company results for 2010 highlighting a 450% increase in revenue from its flagship product, Revolution R Enterprise. Under the leadership of predictive analytics pioneer and CEO Norman Nie, Revolution Analytics rebranded in May with a focus on advanced analytics and introduced an aggressive roadmap to expand its R-based software business. As a result, the company tripled its enterprise customer base, adding over 100 new customers to a roster that includes Bank of America, Merck and Acxiom.
Revolution Analytics successfully executed on its roadmap to make R more accessible to the data demands and business requirements of enterprise companies. In 2010, Revolution Analytics bolstered its Revolution R Enterprise software with new capabilities:
- RevoScaleR, a big data analysis package that increases R's capacity and performance for analyzing very large data sets. For the first time, R users can now process, visualize and model terabyte-class data sets in a fraction of the time of legacy products--without employing expensive or specialized hardware.
- RevoDeployR, a server offering that enables R analytics to be easily integrated into existing applications, customized reports and websites. It extends the use of R beyond skilled analysts to line of business managers who require data analysis on demand.
"Over the last couple of years, the R statistics language has emerged as the foundation for the future of data science, both in the classroom and in industry," said Nie. "In 2010, Revolution Analytics focused on making R more accessible for business while providing a new generation of students with the same R experience. The growth we've seen in the last six months alone is a testament to not only our ability to execute but also the readiness of the market for an enterprise R offering. Looking to next year, we expect to see increasing demand for advanced analytics at a fraction the cost of legacy offerings."
Other company highlights from 2010 include:
- Students at more than 100 universities worldwide, including University of Oxford, Rice University, UCLA and the European Business School have taken advantage of free academic licenses for Revolution R Enterprise.
- The launch of Inside-R.org, a new site for the R community, where they can share resources, ideas and tips. The site also aggregates content and documentation from many sources across the web, with the goal of providing a 'one-stop' location for anyone looking for information about R.
- The company made key additions to its management team and doubled the number of total employees.
Additional Online Resources
- Revolution R Enterprise customer testimonials
- Revolution R Enterprise downloads
- Free academic license for Revolution R Enterprise
- Follow us on Twitter
- Revolutions blog
About Revolution Analytics
Revolution Analytics (http://www.revolutionanalytics.com) delivers advanced analytics software at half the cost of existing solutions. By building on open source R--the world's most powerful statistics software--with innovations in big data analysis, integration and user experience, Revolution Analytics meets the demands and requirements of modern data-driven businesses. Headquartered in Palo Alto, Calif., Revolution Analytics is backed by North Bridge Venture Partners and Intel Capital.
Page One PR for Revolution Analytics
+ 1 415-321-2348