You are here
Revolution Analytics Introduces Enterprise-Class Application Integration, Deployment & Administration for R
- Revolution Analytics, the leading commercial provider of software and support for the popular open source R statistics language, today announced a new server offering that enables R analytics to be easily integrated into existing applications, customized reports and websites. RevoDeployR is the second critical technology investment the company has made to make R more accessible to business users. It extends the use of R beyond skilled analysts to line of business managers who require data analysis on demand.
RevoDeployR is the first standardized collection of web services that integrates security, APIs, scripts and libraries for R into a single server. Like the Big Data analysis package Revolution Analytics recently introduced, RevoDeployR is designed to help accelerate the adoption of R in industry by closing some critical technology gaps. For the first time, enterprises will be able to exercise control over which users have access to data analysis conducted from within a production R environment, and deliver the results of those analyses to authorized users. With this new server, Revolution R Enterprise customers can build interactive dashboards and custom reports, and securely expose data and analysis to web-based gadgets, client applications like Excel, custom applications and business intelligence reporting tools.
"By offering a flexible R deployment, we are bridging a crucial gap that has plagued businesses seeking to better leverage their data," said Norman Nie, CEO of Revolution Analytics. "While the number of Ph.D.-level analysts capable of creating advanced analytics models is limited, the need for analytical reporting is literally growing by the day. We are putting these vital capabilities directly in the hands of business users and offering a flexible model that can be customized for specific use cases."
As an example, Revolution has worked directly with open source BI leader Jaspersoft to integrate RevoDeployR into JasperServer so that customers can generate analytics on demand. With this integrated solution, analysts define the R routines they want and upload the analysis code to the RevoDeployR server. Web or application developers can then integrate the analysis from RevoDeployR into existing or custom Jaspersoft BI applications (dashboards and reports). Finally, using that simple report or dashboard, the business user can interact with the R model and run data against it in real time to create additional analytic reports and artifacts.
"We are excited by Revolution Analytics' R integration with Jaspersoft," said Brian Gentile, CEO of Jaspersoft. "When it comes to analytics and reporting, flexibly visualizing data is critical. Simply put, R will empower our customers with best-in-class predictive analytic capabilities so that they can make more informed business decisions, extending the proven value of Jaspersoft's tools."
The two companies will be hosting a webcast on September 22 on how to integrate RevoDeployR with custom reporting tools. Register here: http://www.revolutionanalytics.com/news-events/free-webinars/2010/deploy...
Key technical features in the RevoDeployR sever include:
- Collection of web services implemented as a RESTful API
- Management Console for administrating servers, scripts and users
- XML and JSON format for data exchange
- Built-in security model for authenticated or anonymous invocation of R Scripts
- Repository for storing R objects (for reuse in subsequent sessions) and RScript execution artifacts (i.e., plots and files)
The RevoDeployR server will also serve as the technical foundation of Revolution's forthcoming interactive GUI for R, to be delivered in 2011.
Platforms & Availability
RevoDeployR will be available on September 30 with Revolution R Enterprise for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5. It can be deployed on-premise or on cloud platforms including Amazon EC2.
- Download the RevoDeployR Web Services technical whitepaper
- Big Data Benchmark whitepaper
- The Revolution Analytics Roadmap whitepaper
- Download free academic copy of Revolution R Enterprise
- Visit Inside-R.org for the most comprehensive set of information on R
- Spread the word: Add a "Download R!" badge on your website
- Visit the Revolutions blog
- Follow RevolutionR on Twitter
About Revolution Analytics
Revolution Analytics (http://www.revolutionanalytics.com) is the leading commercial provider of software and support for the popular open source R statistics language. Its Revolution R products help make predictive analytics accessible to every type of user and budget. The company is headquartered in Palo Alto, Calif. and backed by North Bridge Venture Partners and Intel Capital.
Page One PR, for Revolution Analytics
Tel: +1 415-875-7494