Revolution R Enterprise Boosts Big Data Analytics Capabilities
Revolution Analytics Announces Breakthrough Features in Revolution R Enterprise 6.0 to Bring Greater Performance and Scalability, and New Data Access Options
PALO ALTO, Calif.—June 5, 2012—Revolution Analytics, the leading commercial provider of software, services and support for the open source R project, today announced the general availability of Revolution R Enterprise 6.0, its commercial-grade analytics software built upon the world’s most powerful open source R statistics language for R-based enterprise-class data analytics.The new iteration of Revolution R Enterprise delivers unmatched performance, productivity and enterprise-readiness for statistical analysis of very large data sets. Rdevelopers are now equipped with the robust tools required to meet the growing demands and requirements of modern data-driven businesses.
Using the built-in RevoScaleR package in Revolution R Enterprise, R users can process, visualize and model terabyte-class data sets in a fraction of the time of legacy products –without requiring expensive or specialized hardware. Key highlights of Revolution R Enterprise 6.0 include:
- Platform LSF Cluster Support—Now supports distributed computing on multi-node Platform LSF grids. Support on Windows-based grids provided via Microsoft HPC Server.
- Cloud-based Analytics with Azure Burst—Switch computations from a local Microsoft Windows HPC Server cluster to the Azure Cloud with a single command. To see a demo of this new capability, visit: http://youtu.be/0cPVXV1DA4o?t=1m34s
- Big-Data Generalized Linear Models—Support big-data predictive models used in insurance, finance and biotech industries. Use a multi-node server or distributed grid for fast analytics on big data. To see a demo of this new capability, visit: http://youtu.be/_m3K84aJdhY?hd=1&t=1m10s
- Direct Analysis of SAS, SPSS, ASCII and ODBC Data—Analyze proprietary data formats without the need for SAS/SPSS licenses. To see a demo of this new capability, visit: http://youtu.be/Ug8LtSourCg?t=56s
- Updated R 2.14.2 Engine—Improves performance and parallel programming capabilities. In addition, Revolution Analytics’ open-source RHadoop project (for Hadoop integration) is updated to work with this new engine.
“Revolution Analytics continues to drive innovation and revolutionize the predictive analytics industry for the enterprise,” said David Rich, Revolution Analytics CEO. “Already recognized for its speed, data capacity and price performance, we’re very excited about the enhancements to our ‘big data-ready’ R Enterprise solution. Our customers are leaders in their respective markets, and they require high-performance tools to better leverage the explosion of big data, deliver clearer results faster and improve cost-efficiency.”
“We’ve combined Revolution R Enterprise and Hadoop to build and deploy customized exploratory data analysis and GAM survival models for our marketing performance management and attribution platform,” said John Wallace, CEO of UpStream Software. “Given that our data sets are already in the terabytes and are growing rapidly, we depend on Revolution R Enterprise’s scalability and fast performance. We saw about a 4x performance improvement on 50 million records. It works brilliantly.”
- Register now for the June 20 webinar, entitled “Revolution R Enterprise - 100% R and More”
- Detailed information about Revolution R Enterprise
- Download Revolution R Enterprise, free to members of the academic community
- Learn about the R phenomenon in the Why R is Hot whitepaper
- Track the global use of R on the Revolutions blog
About Revolution Analytics
Revolution Analytics is the leading commercial provider of software and services based on the open source R project for statistical computing. The company brings high performance, productivity and enterprise readiness to R, the most powerful statistics language in the world. The company’s flagship Revolution R Enterprise product is designed to meet the production needs of large organizations in industries such as finance, life sciences, retail, manufacturing and media. Used by over two million analysts in academia and at cutting-edge companies such as Google, Bank of America and Acxiom, R has emerged as the standard of innovation in statistical analysis. Revolution Analytics is committed to fostering the continued growth of the R community through sponsorship of the Inside-R.org community site, funding worldwide R user groups and offering free licenses of Revolution R Enterprise to everyone in academia.
Phone: (781) 684-6240