Revolution R Enterprise Delivers New Big Data Analytics Capabilities
Revolution Analytics introduces distributed computing, flexible data import, and enables scalable data management and advanced data analysis for multiple users
PALO ALTO, Calif. – November 15, 2011 – Revolution Analytics, the leading commercial provider of R software, services and support, today announced the general availability of Revolution R Enterprise 5.0, its signature software package for R-based enterprise-class data analytics. The new version of Revolution R introduces key new features for analyzing big data sets and includes support for integrating data from alternate platforms including SAS, SPSS, and relational databases via ODBC. R developers can now better leverage Revolution R to analyze large data sets and securely deploy R applications to multiple users, across multiple machines.
Erik Segur, Michigan State University’s Information Technologist in the Department of Statistics and Probability, said, “The Revolution R Enterprise 5.0 environment has delivered order of magnitude performance improvements, which has allowed our department to process four times the amount of analytics jobs. The researchers are now able to run, evaluate, modify and re-run their models multiple times to get more precise conclusions - it’s been amazing.”
Specific upgrades in Revolution R Enterprise 5.0 include:
- Distributed/Parallel Computing: Automatically distribute statistical analyses from a desktop across nodes of a cluster through Windows HPC server and distribute R function calls across nodes;
- Scalable Data Management: Increase flexibility in data analysis with new data import and cleaning/manipulation tools;
- Integration with Hadoop: Support MapReduce programming in R and integration with HDFS and HBASE with Cloudera Certified Technology;
- Expanded Scalable Analytics Functionality: Apply new big data statistics algorithms including principal components analysis, factor analysis, contingency table analysis and more;
- Enhanced R Productivity Environment: Create and build R packages with expanded support features;
- Enhanced RevoDeployR server: Add multiple compute nodes to support more users, batch execution of large analysis jobs, and LDAP enterprise security support;
- Upgraded Open Source R: Revolution R 5.0 includes the fully-patched R 2.13.2, which features a new byte-compiler to improve performance of user-written functions and packages.
Revolution Analytics is helping organizations meet the challenge of big data by providing an enterprise-ready R platform for sorting, processing and analyzing complex data sets of all kinds for better business insights. This latest release comes less than two months after Revolution Analytics announced its formal partnership with Cloudera that brings the power and flexibility of R to Apache Hadoop for more effective analysis of large data sets.
“R is the most powerful statistical computing language on the planet and is remarkably well-suited for big data analysis,” said Norman Nie, Revolution Analytics CEO. “With Revolution R, we’ve developed an enterprise-ready piece of software that can be leveraged by a wider audience of business users for sophisticated data analysis. This latest release marks the most significant steps we've taken to date in terms of offering a product that is truly ‘big data-ready’ and capable of processing and analyzing massive, unstructured data sets.”
Learn More About Revolution R Enterprise 5.0
Interested individuals can learn more about Revolution R Enterprise 5.0 here. Revolution Analytics will also be hosting an introductory webinar that will offer a more technical overview of the product on November 17.
- Register for the November 17 webinar, New Features in Revolution R Enterprise 5.0
- Download Revolution R Enterprise, free to members of the academic community
- Learn about the R phenomenon in the Why R is Hot whitepaper
Track the global use of R on the Revolutions blog
About Revolution Analytics
Revolution Analytics is the leading commercial provider of software and services based on the open source R project for statistical computing. Led by predictive analytics pioneer Norman Nie, the company brings high performance, productivity and enterprise readiness to R, the most powerful statistics language in the world. The company’s flagship Revolution R product is designed to meet the production needs of large organizations in industries such as finance, life sciences, retail, manufacturing and media. Used by over 2 million analysts in academia and at cutting-edge companies such as Google, Bank of America and Acxiom, R has emerged as the standard of innovation in statistical analysis. Revolution Analytics is committed to fostering the continued growth of the R community through sponsorship of the Inside-R.org community site, funding worldwide R user groups and offers free licenses of Revolution R Enterprise to everyone in academia.
LEWIS Pulse PR for Revolution Analytics
+ 1 (415) 321-2348