You are here
R + Hadoop = Big Data Analytics. How Revolution Analytics' RHadoop Project Allows All Developers to Leverage the MapReduce Framework
RHadoop is comprised of three packages.
- RHDFS, which provides file level manipulation for HDFS, the Hadoop file system
- RHBASE, which provides access to HBASE, the Hadoop database
- rmr, which allows you to write MapReduce programs in R
In this webinar, Antonio will provide a brief introduction to Hadoop and R. He will describe how rmr allows R developers to program in the MapReduce framework, and provides for all developers an alternative way to implement MapReduce programs that strikes a delicate compromise between power and usability. He’ll explain:
- Its simplicity. For example, you don’t need to replace the R interpreter with a special run-time—it is just a library
- How rmr’s handful of functions (with a modest number of arguments and sensible defaults) can be combined in many useful ways
- Using examples such as machine learning and statistics, he’ll show examples of the power of the API
- Ways you can contribute to the further development of the RHadoop project.
About the speakers:
|About the Speakers:|