You are here
Presales / Technical Sales
PreSales / Technical Sales (Associate/Senior)
Palo Alto, CA
Revolution Analytics is the leading commercial provider of software and support for the open source "R" statistical computing language. Our products, including Revolution R and Revolution R Enterprise, enable statisticians, scientists and others to create superior predictive models and derive meaning from mission-critical data in record time. Revolution Analytics works closely with the R community to incorporate the latest developments in open source R and with our clients to support their efforts to produce ground-breaking innovations in life sciences, financial services, defense technology and other industries where high-level analytics are crucial to success.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about R, have experience with data analysis in an enterprise data environment, and love working with customers. In addition, candidates should be solution oriented with an ability to stay cool while managing multiple tasks and changing priorities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be the technical expert that supports Sales through product demonstrations, expertise in product capabilities, and proof of concept applications.
- Respond to customer requests for information, and assist in installations and product use prior to sale.
- Assist Marketing by developing white papers, relevant technical examples, and case studies.
- Work with the Marketing and Product Development teams to maintain currency on the technical capabilities of the product and the product roadmap.
- Actively communicate customer feedback to Sales and Marketing.
- Support product demonstrations at trade shows, seminars and other events.
- Participate in training courses, support and consulting engagements as needed.
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and experience in developing and presenting technical subject matter.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Expert in R programming including some experience with database interfaces.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a consulting/client-facing role including some interaction with enterprise IT, system integration, and development in both Windows and Linux environments.
- MS in Statistics, Computer Science, Math, Engineering, or related field.
- Local candidates only (Bay Area).
Additional Qualifications (Nice to have):
- Some experience with other commercial data analysis packages such as SAS, SPSS, JMP, or Matlab.
- Additional experience with one or more of the following: Hadoop, Netezza, Relational database management systems, Talend, Ab Initio, Python, Java, PMML, BI tools, web services, cloud computing.
Experience the energy and excitement of a start-up company with solid financial backing -
join Revolution Analytics.
At a time when many companies are cutting back, we're still offering a competitive compensation package that includes a solid base salary, full health care including dental, long-term disability, and 401(k).
Revolution Analytics is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women and members of underrepresented minority groups.
Please email your resume to email@example.com, noting the job title and location.